Monday, May 24, 2010

Move to Blackfoot, ID

Wow, what a crazy 2 months it has been!!! Jess got a call for a job interview in Pocatello the first of March. Since he still didn't have a steady job, we decided to go interview, but didn't hold out too much hope of getting the job. Actually, looking back, I realize now that as soon as he told me he was interviewing, I knew that we would be moving. I think my Heavenly Father was preparing me, because I didn't want to move!!! I loved living in Middleton!!! I just passed it off as my silly imagination. I told myself and everyone else that it probably wouldn't happen. They were interviewing 10 and only hiring one, chances weren't good. Well, March 25th, Jess got a call and they were offering him the job. We were both so shocked!!! They wanted to know whether he accepted the job by the next day, so we had to make a quick decision. As much as I didn't want to do it, I knew instantly that it was what we needed to do. The job offer was really good too. A secure job (well, as secure as a job can be in these crazy times), a significant pay raise, and since it's a state job, we get state benefits (coming from no benefits, how could we say no). Anyways, Jess called and accepted the job and they wanted him to start in 3 weeks. We suddenly had a lot to do!!! We put our home in Middleton up on the market (that was one sad day, I loved my house, neighborhood, school district, 7th ward and all the people there, and especially my friends!!!) I pretty much loved everything about living in Middleton and my life there, and I didn't want to change any of it. So, with many tears, and a lot of praying, we started looking for something to rent in Pocatello. We couldn't find anything that would suit the needs of our family. Time passed and Jess had to start working over there and we still hadn't found anything. He ended up staying in Shelley (about 45 minutes away) with his sister and coming home on the weekends. I was getting discouraged!! As much as I didn't want to move, I didn't want to feel like a single mom either. If I hadn't known without a shadow of a doubt that this decision was right, I might have changed my mind, but since I knew it was right, I knew everything would work out! It did, we broadened our search to looking in Blackfoot (about 20 minutes away) as well as Pocatello for something to rent, and found an older house that suited our needs in Blackfoot. May 7-9 was set as the moving date. We took the kids out of school in Middleton and started them here with only 3 weeks left, but they have done amazingly well with the adjustment. I am slowly adjusting and getting settled here. Jess seems to really like his job, so that is a definite plus. I am trying to get some pics of the house to post, so maybe later today I will post those.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I know how you feel. If I didn't know that we were supposed to move to Burns it would have been a lot more difficult!! Congrats on the new job!