
Opening his present on his birthday!

He got a math book and gummy bears from Mom!! These are the presents he picked out to give his friends for their birthday, so I decided to get him some too!!

Cordell with the cake his dad made him!!

Blowing out the candles!!

Now I have to tell a funny story about the cake. (If Jess gets on here and sees this, he will probably shoot me, but oh well)!! So, about 5 years ago Jess decided to make me a cake for my birthday. He put cherry pie filling in it, and made it in a bundt pan. After the cake got done baking, he realized that he couldn't take it off the bundt pan, or it would be ruined, so he just put it on a cookie sheet and decorated around the thing sticking up in the middle. I thought it was funny so I snapped a picture. Well, my husband accuses me of having a bad memory, but it seems he has one too, because he forgot all about this experience and tried it again!!! Well, of course, he had the same problem, and I reminded him of the first time it happened and he didn't believe me. Good thing I had proof!! So, this time he decided to try to put it on a plate, cover up the cherries leaking out the bottom with whoppers and cover up the thing sticking up the middle with a candle!! He declared it a masterpiece!! Jennifer said the cake looked so cool and tasted so good, she wanted the same cake for her birthday!!!, without the whoppers since she doesn't like whoppers. When I asked Cordell what kind of cake he wanted he said chocolate and I want to decorate it myself, and I said, go ahead!! He wanted to draw trains on it, so we found these cake decorator pens for him to use, and he went to town. We decided next time we use them, we need to use white frosting, it didn't work too well on the chocolate frosting!! So, here's the final product!!

And a picture of the cake so you can see the thing sticking up in the middle

And finally the first cake that he made for me. Here's the proof!!

I have something new I want to start!! On my kids’ birthday I want to write how old they are turning, that many things I like most about them. So, this year, I will write 8 things I like most about Cordell, 5 things I like most about Landon, 2 things I like most about Camille, and for Jennifer I will have to wait until next year, and then I will write 7 things I like most about her. Then every year on their birthday, I want to add one more thing. That way, however old they are, I will have that many things I like about them, and hopefully as they get older, I can think of more things. Ha Ha!!
8 things I like about Cordell
1. He is a good big brother (he is very good to share).
2. He does his best at school
3. He is gaining a testimony
4. He likes to take charge of people and things
5. He is a good swimmer
6. He makes friends easily
7. He usually obeys when I ask him to do something
8. He is a good reader
Next post: Cordell's baptism and his first pack meeting
2 comments:
ha ha ha, love the cake story Jesse! Nice one! Cordell you are such a cute kid, it was fun to see you this weekend, hope ya had a goodtime fishing!!
Wow Cordell is 8 too! That is a big one. It makes us feel old:)
I need to get the scout uniform, I forgot all about that. He looks so handsome!
Post a Comment